Cost to Attend: $395
This instructor-led training will review why the Stratix 2500 is an ideal match for end users and machine builders interested in managed features at optimum cost. We will review the needs of switches today, what differentiates a "lightly" managed switch, and include a hands-on training to review all the functionality.
- Out-of-box capabilities of the Stratix 2500
- The effect of multicast traffic control (IGMP Snooping/IGMP Querier)
- Express Setup - Configuring beyond the defaults
- Smart Port Roles - What they are, why and how they are applied
- VLANs and spanning tree - Protecting your machine during startup
- Add-on profiles - Integration of the Stratix 2500 into Studio 5000 design environment
Class runs from 9:00am-1:00pm, with lunch provided.
A light breakfast will be served from 8:30 - 9:00am.
Each student will receive one 5-port Stratix 2500 Lightly Managed Switch (valued at $450) to configure and use during the class and to keep afterwards. A Rockwell power supply (1606-XLB120E) and 1 meter Ethernet cable (1585J-M8TBJM-1) will also be included, bringing the value to $650.
Please bring a laptop if possible to connect and work with the 2500 switch during class.
||Kendall Electric Location
|March 28, 2019
||832 Scribner Ave, NW
||Grand Rapids, MI
|April 18, 2019
||5101 S. Sprinkle Rd