Getting Started with Logix
The Perfect One-Day Class
This class is designed to introduce you to the Allen-Bradley Logix controllers using a CompactLogix 5370 controller and Studio 5000 Logix Designer software from Rockwell Software®. It is a great introduction class to our full 4-day “PLC Wiring and Troubleshooting” class.
This class will review basic features of the controller, software, and how to connect to the controller and navigate using the software. This is a getting started class and is not intended as a full instructional programming class.
- Overview of the Logix family
- Overview of Studio 5000 Logix Designer software
- Overview of Rockwell Product Compatibility website
- How to upgrade (flash) Logix controller firmware
- Launching software and establishing connectivity
- Navigating Studio 5000 software features
- Basic logic programming
- Adding local and controller tags
- Adding rungs to the main routine
- Adding instructions to rungs
- Editing rungs in program and run modes
- Online/Offline editing
- Uploading/Downloading and running a ladder logic program
- Forcing inputs and outputs
Class runs from 9:00am-4:30pm, lunch provided
||Kendall Electric Location
|April 23, 2019
||415 Ley Rd.
||Fort Wayne, IN
|April 30, 2019
||5101 S. Sprinkle Rd.
|May 14, 2019
||7633 Lanac St.
|May 21, 2019
||5420 Davis Rd.
|Sept 10, 2019
||832 Scribner NW
||Grand Rapids, MI 49504
|Sept 17, 2019
||11581 Greenway Dr.
Getting Started Class Series
We offer several different classes in our Getting Started series. Download the entire course catalog here: