This course is a skill-building course that provides you with the skills necessary to develop FactoryTalk® View Machine Edition (ME) applications that run onthe next-generation PanelView™ Plus terminals.
This course provides opportunities to work with both the software and hardware.During class, you will gain the hands-on skills required to prepare a PanelViewPlus terminal for operation. You will also work with FactoryTalk View MEsoftware and RSLinx® Enterprise software and will practice downloadingFactoryTalk View ME applications to a PanelView Plus terminal.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who need to create FactoryTalk ME applications for use on a PanelView Plus terminal should attend this course. The software skills gained in this course can also be applied to FactoryTalk ME applications that run directly on a Windows® computer or on a PanelView Plus CE industrial computer.
To successfully complete this course, experience operating a personal computer within a Microsoft® Windows 2000® or Windows XP® environment is required.
COURSE AGENDADay 1
- Configuring a PanelView Plus Terminal
- Creating and Customizing aFactory Talk View ME Application
- Configuring RSLinx Enterprise Communications
- Configuring Factory Talk Security
- Creating and Modifying Tags
- Adding and Configuring Graphic Displays
- Configuring Display Security
- Creating and Manipulating Graphic Objects
- Creating and Configuring Interactive Controls
- Configuring Basic Animation for FactoryTalk View ME Objects
- Creating and Configuring Alarms
- Creating Macros and Global Connections
- Creating and Managing FactoryTalk View ME Runtime Files
- Configuring Recipes
- Configuring Language Switching
- Creating Data Logs and Trends
- Creating Tag Placeholders and Parameter Files
- Creating and Configuring Information Messages
- Inserting Faceplates
- Troubleshooting Job Aid