This course provides information on the concepts associated with transformers, transformer function, transformer design, transformer maintenance, transformer faults, and transformer inspecting and testing in accordance with NFPA NEC 70 standards.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify and discuss safety issues relating to transformers.
- Explain the theory of transformer operations.
- List and describe the types of transformers.
- Describe the construction and nameplate information of a transformer.
- Demonstrate different types of transformer tap connections.
- Demonstrate proper inspection techniques for transformers.
- Demonstrate proper maintenance techniques for transformers.
Course Length: This is a three-day course.
- Explaining Induction AndTransformer Action
- Distinguishing Transformer Types
- Describing TransformerComponents
- Detailing Three Phase Circuits
- Wiring Single Phase and threePhase Configurations
- Interpreting Nameplate Data
- Following Safety Precautions
- Changing Taps
- Sizing Transformers
- Performing Maintenance AndInspections
- Identifying TransformerMalfunctions
- Troubleshooting And RepairingTransformers
- Final Lab
- Written Exam