This course is a skill-building course that provides programmers with a basic understanding of RSLogix 5000 ladder logic instructions and terminology. This course also provides the resources and hands-on practice required to efficiently program basic ladder logic instructions for a Logix5000 controller. Students will have an opportunity to use RSLogix 5000 software to perform basic software tasks to meet the requirements of a given functional specification. In addition to using ladder logic instructions, students will be introduced to programming techniques, established standards, and common rules for programming ladder logic.
Who Should Attend
Programmers who have little or no practical experience with controllers, who are responsible for programming Logix5000 controllers using RSLogix 5000 software, and who need to learn how to draft ladder logic for any application should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Completion of Fundamentals of Logix5000 Systems course (Course No. CCP146) or the ability to go online, configure I/O modules, download, assign tags, verify a project, change operating modes on a controller, and enter or edit basic ladder logic instructions in RSLogix 5000 software
- Ability to perform basic Microsof® Windows® tasks, such as using a mouse, browsing for files, opening, closing, sizing and moving windows
Course AgendaDay 1
- Applying Programming Strategies and Techniques
- Documenting and Searching Ladder Logic
- Programming Timer and Counter Instructions
- Integrated Practice:Programming Basic Instructions
- Programming Program Control Instructions
- Programming Compare Instructions
- Programming Compute and Math Instructions
- Integrated Practice: Programming Ladder Logic Instructions
- Programming Move Instructions