Upon completion of this course, you should be able to organize and develop FactoryTalk View Site Edition (SE) applications.
This course provides opportunities for you to work with local FactoryTalk View SE applications.
During class, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills used to create an application and build graphic displays.
You will learn how to configure alarms and security, trend data, and test your application using FactoryTalk View SE Client. You will also work with RSLinx Enterprise communications software and the FactoryTalk Diagnostics system.
After practicing these skills in a local application, you will receive a high-level overview of how a network application is created.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who need to develop FactoryTalk View SE local (stand‐alone) or network (distributed) applications should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, experience operating a personal computer within a Microsoft Windows® XP or Windows 7 environment is recommended.
COURSE AGENDADay 1
- Getting Started with FactoryTalk View SE
- Configuring RSLinx Enterprise Communications in a New FactoryTalk View SE Application
- Configuring OPC Communications
- Creating an HMI Tag Database
- Creating a Graphic Display
- Building an Interactive Graphic Display
- Animating a Graphic Display
- Using Tag Placeholders and Creating a FactoryTalk View SE Client
- Configuring Global Objects
- Configuring HMI Tag-Based Alarms
- Configuring FactoryTalk Alarms and Events
- Creating and Viewing a Data Log Model
- Creating and Configuring a Trend
- Creating a Derived Tag File and an Event File
- Creating Symbols, Macros, and Keys
- Configuring Security
- Optional: Adding VBA Display Code
- Creating a Network FactoryTalk View SE Application