Upon completion of this course, you should be able to demonstrate fundamental motion control concepts common to all Rockwell Automation motion control systems.
This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of the concepts, terminology, functionality and applications of motion control. In addition, you will also learn how motion control applications function using the concepts and principles discussed in each lesson.
This course will allow you to establish the strong essential foundation you need before learning the skills necessary to maintain and program motion control systems.
This course does not address motion control system design or specific motion control software programming. If you are seeking training in these areas, you should enroll in the relevant Rockwell Automation training courses, making sure you have fulfilled the prerequisites for those courses prior to enrollment.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who need to learn basic motion control concepts for their job or as a prerequisite for attending other motion control courses should attend this course.
There are no specific prerequisites required for attending this class. However, the following would be helpful:
- A background in basic electricity, electronics, and computer concepts
- A basic knowledge of controllers operation
COURSE AGENDADay 1
- Identifying Servo Motion Elements
- Tracing the Power Supply Circuit
- Creating a Motion Profile
- Identifying and Applying a Reference
- Identifying Motion Drive Elements
- Tracing Signal Flow Through the Drive Control Module
- Identifying Motor Types and Components
- Identifying Feedback Devices
- Identifying and Scaling Loads